We'll be with you every step of the way
Wherever you are, take on your own Walk for Home this winter and join thousands of others raising vital funds for Shelter. Walk with friends, family or even just the dog -it couldn't be simpler, pop on your trainers and get moving for a great cause.
What you'll get:
- A digital welcome pack with everything you need to know about Walk for Home
- A Walk for Home bobble hat once you raise twenty pounds
- Access to our fundraising hub with all the resources you'll need
- On-demand support from our dedicated events team
- Access to our fantastic online community of walkers
What else do you need to know? See our FAQs.
Planning your walk
1. Pick a
Choose to walk 3km, 5km or 10km.
2. Pick a
The big day is 10 December but, if you prefer, pick any day from the 6–12 December.
3. Pick a
Will you stomp round the countryside, lap a local park or pound the pavements?
4. Pick some
Walk with friends, family, colleagues or solo. Whoever you’re with, Walk for Home!
Why every step can make a difference
Last year there were 309,349 calls to our advice helplines.
But there are many more people who don’t know where to turn to for help. People living in unsafe or unfit housing. People with no permanent place to live.
Successive governments have failed to build enough social homes, the pandemic has seen evictions skyrocket and too many people are sleeping on the streets and even dying there.
The more you raise, the more people we can help.